R2R COMMUNITY OUTLINE FOR USA
MISSION FOR R2R CLOSED-LOOP COMMUNITIES
We have a long-term goal, as a non-profit 5o1(c)(3), to create off-the-grid, closed-loop communities that can gradually change the culture of consumption and improve the microclimate around them.
Through carbon sequestration and regenerative farming, we can change the microclimate around these communities.
R2R will build these communities in low air quality, low-income areas to fight environmental racism as well as redlining in America and around the world.
Our top priority when building will be to work with the Indigenous communities that are already living in the area. Using the 17 SDGs as our main guidelines and having the earth ships by Michael E. Reynolds as a model for our homes will allow us to replicate these communities on a global scale.
Here at R2R, we will always be following corporate social responsibility, finding new ways to define CSR, and raising the qualifications for ISO(International Organization for Standardization).
-Written in first person by our founder and president Ashleigh Morgan Dawson.
SYSTEMS AND METHODS
Using the 6 points sustainable design the (earth-ship by Michael E. Reynolds)
- Energy: Thermal and/or solar heating and cooling, solar and wind electricity
- Garbage Management: Reuse and recycling built into construction and daily living
- Sewage Treatment: Self-contained sewage treatment and water recycling
- Shelter: Building with natural and recycled materials
- Clean Water: Water harvesting and long term storage
- Food: In-home organic food production capability
Using the 17 SDG’s from the UN
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all ages.
- Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all.
- Promote sustained, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation.
- Reduce inequality within and among countries.
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas & marine resources for sustainable development
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all & build effective, accountable & inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
R2R CLOSED-LOOP COMMUNITY GOALS FOR 2021
We would like to raise $50,000 in the year 2021 for R2R’s first step to the Closed-Loop community goals. We are starting to raise these funds through our Conscious Consumer Campaign for the month of April (earth month)!
Our goal is to purchase a van and transform it to taking very little from the earth. Like solar panels, vegetable oil run engines, and compostable toilets. Transforming it with everything we have in the world already. We also want to build a virtual reality experience of the first R2R Closed-Loop Community. If this makes you excited please donate to our Conscious Consumer Campaign. You can contribute through PayPal or Venmo, just scan these UR codes.
- Ashleigh Morgan (President & CEO of R2R): Lead sustainable researcher and developer.
- Rohan Guyot-Sutherland (Founder / CEO of regenerative systems): Lead sustainable community developer.
- Mara & Mark Yardas (Founders of Idyllwild Forest Health Project): Forest Health consultants for California.
- Mark Brochu (Founder of Eve Growing): Lead developer in Urban Farming
- Kevin Sofen (Founder of Wristsponsible + SDGtalks podcast): US consultant for our global SDG actions and reports.
- Josh Cliffords (founder of FreeWater): Lead Developer of our Free Market.
LOCATIONS IN EACH COMMUNITY
- Community refill center and market (Free and donation-based).
- Community garden using the EVE Growing Method (this will give back to the community by providing an inexpensive food market for balanced nutrition for all covering SDG 2).
- Living pods or homes at least enough for 200 people at a time.
- The water source is local or a water storage system for the locations without water.
- Assisted living for the elderly of the community. They can have 24 hr care for free and have family visiting rights. They will bring knowledge to our community and be a place of healing for the community.
- An education location (Environmental lab) where students can learn our system and get college credit.
- Working with Presatore Academy and The Rain School for alternative forms of learning.
- Recycling plant, with plastics getting broken down with wax worms and using the other items for eco-bricks. (USA recycling company).
- A forest built in every community by Afforestt.
SYSTEMS & METHODS (OUTLINE)
THESE SUSTAINABLE SYSTEMS CAN CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE COMMUNITY.
Refills Center and ECO Market: Giving credits for volunteers and distributing food and water to the local people that can not afford it. Have a free, donation and trading market available with local food that is grown locally. Always finding local goods and products for the Refill Center. FreeWater will be working with us to implement this vision.
For energy: solar, hydroelectric, bioenergy, wind, and perpetual motion.
- Recycling presses, useless, no plastic, using Bamboozle for our dishes
- Composting toilets for all of the toilets on each location.
- Composting system for each home on each location (subpod)
- The EcoSystem organic non-electric sewage plant. (to microbial purify all the gray water.)
- Rainwater collectors in every home/community spaces.
- Have a location lower than the water source so the water can flow naturally.
- Water Storing for each home on location.
- Filtering gray water and recycling it.
- Made from recycled material.
- Has natural heating methods.
- Using cob to build most of the homes.
- Using recycled shipping containers that are 100% sustainably insulated. (eco-bricks from Regenerative Systems )
- Self-sustained food supply.
- Food forest.
- Community farmers market (Free Market)
Organic food product:
We need to make sure to use biodiversity for every ecosystem we established a community in. This will have to work with the ecosystem already developed in that environment and climate. By using a soil health system of growing we can pull the carbon out of the (micro) environment around each of our communities. In doing this we can change the micro ecosystems around the communities on a global scale. If we stick to intaking as much carbon as we put out, this could reverse our climate crisis for good.
Net-zero by regenerative agriculture and carbon capturing with indigence communities.
THE FUNDING WE NEED
To get this started we will need about half a million to give Recycle2Riches the traction and tools we need to tackle this global initiative. Any funding or education on these systems and goals help us at this point.
We have our first ever Conscious Consumer Campaign Each month (April). This is not only to raise funds for R2R's first step in our nonprofit goals. This will be an annual campaign, to shed light on the small actions that make a big difference. Join this campaign by adding one conscious consumption habit for the full month of April (30 days). You could also just give up a bad consumption habit for 30 days.
Our goal with the money raised is to first purchase a van and transform it to taking very little from the earth. Like solar panels, vegetable oil run engines, and compostable toilets. Transforming it with everything we have in the world already. We also want to build a virtual reality experience of the first R2R Close Loop Community. If this makes you excited please donate to our Conscious Consumer Campaign.
Funneling system for funding: donations and trading, adding to the energy grid getting extra funding from our power credits and through our low waste refill center and farmers market.
If you can help us in any way with any of these steps, please reach out to Hello@recycle2riches.com! We would love to collaborate, communicate and bring community education with you.